DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION
This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering medical services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licensed healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licensed medical supervision.
Hey. Recently turned 19 years old and am interested in learning how I can correct my very apparent craniofacial dystrophy. Here are my images:
Some of the issues I suffer from:
- Extreme craniofacial/skeletal strain (unsure of which type but likely a mix of side-bending rotation and torsion)
-Neck and back strain
-Asymmetrical mandible, bite, lips, nose, cheekbones, eyes, ears, hairline
Interestingly enough, all of these asymmetries follow the same pattern with the right side seated higher than the left.
- Lack of lower third projection/definition (granted I'm high body fat)
- Flat midface lacking in maxillary projection
- Narrow mandible and zygomatic region
- Eyes, not the same size (not sure if this is the cause of ptosis)
- One cheekbone is more projected than the other
- Recessed temples
- Vaulted palate
- Myriad of occlusion issues (overbite, crossbite, dental crowding)
- Narrow lips despite having a 12 tooth smile
And the list goes on.
I want to know what options I have for improving my skeletal asymmetry and CFD, which I believe was with me since birth. ALF (Craniodontics)? Homeobloc? Chirodontics? NCR? Osteopathic techniques? Working with the muscles as this post suggests ( https://wholebodybreathing.com/community/community/main-forum/can-asymmetry-be-fixed/)?
In addition, how would treating skeletal asymmetry work with maxillary/mandibular and maxillary protraction via a facemask? Should I try and fix my asymmetries before getting MSE, during, or after?
So far I've been doing the course by Mewing World semi-consistently. Can't really tell if I got any results from it. I've also tried to mew and chin-tuck but I have a difficult time maintaining the form. This is likely because of the things I listed above. If all goes right, I should be in a position to seek serious treatment by the end of the summer so please help me out. I literally feel scared to look at rear camera photos because of this shit. This issue has reduced my life enjoyment for too long!