Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering medical services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licensed healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licensed medical supervision.

It is Highly Recommended that you also join the community on

Facebook

Discord

YouTube

My palate expansion journey

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@gkzzzz)
Topic starter

Hello everyone.

I am starting this topic in order to share as well as document my palate expansion journey. I know that the forum is pretty much dead ,however, i still believe that documenting the entire process will be of value.

I am doing self-treatment with the biobloc stage 1 palate expander. AND YES I UNDERSTAND THE RISKS INVOLVED AND I AM PREPARED TO FACE THEM. I have ordered the expander from bracesshop and it will be arriving in about half a month from now. I am 17 and my current intermolar width is 32mm, I know that such small number is hard to believe but i have measured it using a professional caliper but i will also measure it again when the dental cast arrives. Btw even with such small number i have perfectly straight teeth. So does everyone in my close family. I do also have a mild to moderate assymetry in my left face that i hope will be fixed from the expander.

I will be expanding in a semi-rapid rate, the one that dr.Mew suggests (1mm per week) to clarify i will be turning the screw (0.2mm) every 34 hours which comes out to 1mm per week.

I will be documenting all the changes that i am seeing, whether they are facial, dental, etc. , as well as any sort of discomfort, improvement in breathing and so on. Now when it comes to posting pictures, i dont know yet. I will post pictures of my palate before and after treatment but i dont know yet whether or not i will post my face. I guess we will see at the end of the expansion.

I am open to any questions and proposals you may have.

Posted : 27/02/2024 8:34 am
(@gkzzzz)
Topic starter

I have still to get the appliance but it should be here in a week or two. They have shipped it. The whole procudure is way too slow. In the meantime i believe that i have figured a way to reshape the expander during the expansion to allow for the maxilla to drop. I will try heating the acrylic with a hair drier, weakening the acrylic and hopefully making it reshape.

Posted : 21/03/2024 4:41 pm
(@gkzzzz)
Topic starter

Update 1: I have received the appliance. It fits perfectly although it prevents me from having perfect inclusion. I expander 0.2mm just to test the appliance and I put it on. Immediately after I put it on after about 30 minutes I saw a slight gap between my 2 front teeth. This is great new because it means that my suture is wide open. I am so lucky. However after taking it off for a minute or two that gap closes again. Lol. I also noticed that after taking it off I would breath with more difficulty although that went away after a while. I am exited for the upcoming changes and I will keep you updated

Posted : 03/04/2024 11:57 am
Whole Body Breathing

Skull and Jaw Correction

Free Classes

Join hundreds who are Tensegrity Mewing, enhancing the good results of mewing and reversing damage. Free Newsletter and Classes

Your email is safe with us, we don’t spam