DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION
This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering medical services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licensed healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licensed medical supervision.
Well finally decided to take my kid into an orthodontist at 8 and a half years and we are putting in a lower sublingual arch. Do they limit or impact facial growth?
Is there anything to be concerned about here and how I can better get him to understand proper tongue posture and all that? He was breastfed and as far as I know he seems to have pretty good tongue posture. The diagnosis our doc gave -
· Profile: Convex with retrognathic mandible
· Dental malocclusion: The upper and lower back teeth fit together normally
· Overjet: 3mm
· Overbite: The front teeth overlap excessively and are causing swelling on the roof of the mouth
· Maxillary arch length: Moderate crowding of upper teeth
· Mandibular arch length: Moderate crowding of lower teeth
· Periodontal attachment: WNL
· Minimal attached gingiva: NSF
· Dental abnormalities: Premature loss of tooth 7.3